Apr 15, 2008

Heart Shaped Box by Joe Hill

If you like scary books, if you like books that you can't put down... than this baby is for you! I actually listened to the audio version of this which added so much more depth. I generally like to hear the characters voices in my head, but having the audio clues, the twangs of accents... it made it all that much more creepy. It was a rather long read, but it was more than worth it, my concern for the fates of the characters drew me in further and further into the novel. If you were to ask me what else was going on in my life during my reading (okay, listening) of this novel, I wouldn't be able to tell you, I don't think! I don't think it was scary enough to give me nightmares (thank goodness), but the twists and turns, the surprises... it was an exhilarating read!

No comments: